Thursday, October 26, 2017

Personal Picks Episode One - Halloween

      



















      I was a big fan of Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour and one of my pie in the sky ambitions would be to host a similar show myself. Being as I don't see that happening, I have decided to do it as some blog posts. For the season that's in it, I have decided to go for a Halloween for my first "episode". Dylan would usually throw in some facts related to the theme so I have decided to throw in some recommended comics, books, TV and movies at the end. Anyway, here's a mix of spooky songs and ones that remind me of spooky stuff. 
      
      A wolf-like howl carries over the wind.
      A monster dances on somebody's grave.
      A couple feel like something is out there.
      It's time for my personal picks.
      
      Welcome to this edition of Personal Picks where something is out there and I'm starting to worry. Maybe you should enjoy these tunes under your blankets or behind a barricaded door. 

   [(You can check out the playlist on Spotify

     We begin with Queen. With vocals from Freddie Mercury, it's a kind of magic...

      1.   A Kind Of Magic – Queen
      2.     Superstition – Stevie Wonder
      3.     Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell
      4.     I Put A Spell On You – Creedence Clearwater Revival
      5.     Mulder & Scully - Catatonia
      6.     Werewolves Of London – Warren Zevon
      7.     Thriller – Michael Jackson
      8.    The Time Warp – Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn, Nell Campbell
      9.     The Monster Mash – Bobby Pickett
    10.     Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr
    
    Well the Witching Hour is upon us and I still can't shake the feeling that somebody out there is watching me. Maybe next time I post some picks, I'll have given them the slip. In the meantime, here as some blood-curdling books and a weird watch-list.

Recommended reading: Dracula, Twisted MythsTomb of DraculaWitchfinder: The Mysteries of Unland
Recommended viewing: X-Files, Millennium, Gremlins, Army of Darkness, Final Destination 2

1 comment: