Monday, November 30, 2020

Personal Picks: By The Numbers


 

When I started doing the personal picks, I wondered how much my favourites would enter into the equation. Well I kept a count and I decided to share after last week's first leftovers episode. I think I'll probably do one of those every 10 shows or so for songs that don't quite fit or I just plain forgot. You know how these things pop into your head after you post these things.

Here's the top musical acts by appearance:








Bob is by no way a surprise considering I did a Bob centric show but he'd still be tying with the others without that one. I've seen him live 6 times. Arcade Fire, Gorillaz and R.E.M. are all favourites that I've seen in concert. Only once in their cases. a-ha fits the cheesey pop portion of my brain. Seu Jorge is there just for his Bowie covers. The only surprise is Richard O'Brien. He's there for 3 songs from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've had 5 songs from that show in the picks and only 2 of those appeared in the musical episodes (the other two were performed by Tim Curry). 

Of course, several people appear in bands or acts so I kept track of that also. It is only for vocalists as keeping track of some band members would be a bigger task(<cough> Gorillaz <cough>). Here's their list with solo in the first column and group / duo in the secomd:








Bob gets another point as he was in The Traveling Wilburys, who have had one appearance. Damon Albarn is there for Gorillaz (I've included him as he's the lead vocalist and has done solo work and had Blur so he may appear for those). Paul Simon gets 2 points for Simon & Garfunkel and with his one solo appearance brings him to 3 (his partner logically is just below this on 2).

I am working away on future episodes. It is actually fun working on the playlists. Here's some upcoming playlists for the rest of 2020:

  • Must Be Christmas - Obvious what this is about. It turns out a few of my favourites have Christmas albums. Find out who next week!
  • Home - Songs about home and going home. (I thought people would be thinking about it).
  • Irish Acts Through The Years - This is a nostalgic time so I thought I'd pick some Irish mainstream songs. Couple of Eurovision tunes of course.
  • Night - Songs about the night
  • New Year's Resolutions - Songs about different New Year's Resolutions people have
If you look up Personal Picks on spotify, you may find some upcoming playlists that I'm still working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment