Thursday, December 10, 2020

Personal Picks Episode Thirteen - Home

 



I've traveled that well worn track

I'm tired of the road.

I guess I'm going home.

It is time for my personal picks.

Welcome to this edition of Personal Picks. This time of year, a lot of us get nostalgic for home so that's where we are headed this week. I could have very easily found ten songs called "Home" but I wanted a little variety. I always try to find stuff by artists I enjoy and some songs I like. Luckily a lot of my favourites have songs that fit the bill so this one is a mix of favourites and songs I discovered when searching Spotify and doing some googling. I never thought that I'd have a One Direction song on one of my list but I enjoyed their particular Home. A happy rediscovery was the Dusty Springfield song, Goin' Back, that Irish people may remember was used in an advert around this time of the year. 

(You can check out this playlist on Spotify).

1. Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

2. Home - David Byrne

3. Home - One Direction

4. Home - Westlife

5. Our House - Madness

6. My Hometown - Bruce Springsteen

7. Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel

8. Goin' Back - Dusty Springfield

9. Goin' Home - TOTO

10. N17 - The Saw Doctors

Recommended reading: We3

Recommended viewing: Homeward Bound 

No comments:

Post a Comment